Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Salmon Cheeseball With Hazelnuts
Submitted by Hazelnut Growers of Oregon
Makes: 2 Salmon Balls or Logs.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dry horseradish
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely snipped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 8oz. can salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Oregon hazelnuts, roasted & chopped
Mix all ingredients together except nuts. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to firm mixture. Shape into ball or log and roll in chopped hazelnuts. Cover and refrigerate. Do not store longer than 4 days.