Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Hazelnut Halibut with Marsala Mango Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Marsala Mango Sauce
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine, sweet
- 1/4 cup Chutney, mango or regular
- 1 tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce, lite
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
Hazelnut Crusted Halibut
- 3/4 cup Hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 (4oz each) Halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Bring Marsala wine to boil in small saucepan; reduced heat and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring constantly. Add chutney, bring back to simmer and reduce to 1/2 cup, stirring constantly. Stir in butter or margarine, soy sauce and ginger until butter is melted. Process in blender until smooth; set aside.
Mix hazelnuts, parsley, salt and pepper in medium bowl; set aside. Place beaten egg in separate medium bowl; set aside.
Rinse fish and pat dry. Dip fish in beaten egg; turning to coat. Place coated fish in hazelnut mixture, pressing nuts onto fish to coat both sides.
Heat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over medium high heat. Add fish and fry for 1 to 2 minutes until bottom is browned. Turn fish and place skillet in oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes per 1-inch thickness of fish until flakey. Spoon 2 tablespoons heated sauce over each fillet.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 460 (51% Calories from Fat), 29g Protein, 17g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 27g Fat, 4.5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 100mg Cholesterol, 1030mg Sodium