Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 2 cups Rolled oats, old-fashioned
- 1 1/2 cups Flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
- 4 bars (1.4 oz each) Chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
Preheat oven 375°F.
Process oats in food processor or blender to flour consistency. Mix oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat brown sugar, butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl on high until creamy. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture until blended.
Stir in hazelnuts, chocolate chips and toffee until blended; chill 30 minutes.
Roll 1/4 cup dough into ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Cool 1 minute and remove from pan.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 270 (49% Calories from Fat), 4g Protein, 33g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, 15g Fat, 7g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 35mg Cholesterol, 220mg Sodium