Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Loin of Pork with Hazelnuts, Parmesan & Rosemary
Submitted by Hazelnut Growers of Oregon
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 to 1-1/2 pound piece boneless pork loin, about 3 inches thick
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon dried leaves)
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except pork loin. set aside.
Remove any visible fat from pork. Butterfly by slitting lengthwise down the center of the loin, cutting within 1/2 inch of the bottom. From the center cut, slice sides in half, horizontally, to within 1/2 inch of the edges; lay flat.
Spread 1/2 of the mixture on flattened meat. Fold sides over filling and place, cut side down, on ungreased shallow baking sheet. Pat remaining mixture evenly over the top and sides of the meat. Bake on center of preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking until crust is golden and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 20 minutes
Remove from the oven and let rest ten minutes before slicing
This is a nice recipe. It is good with Sweet Potato and Cranberry Gratin.