Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Warm Fettucine Salad
Submitted by Emporia Gazette
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon dijon style mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or hazelnut oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 quarts mesclun salad mix
- 1 pound fresh fettucine or tagliatelle
- 1/2 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.Spread the nuts on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
Set a pot of slated water over a high heat to bring to a boil.
In a salad bowl, combine the shallot, mustard and vinegar with a whisk. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper. Add greens and toss.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly, leaving in the colander 1 minute to get rid of as much water as possible.
Dump the hot pasta over the greens. Add the toasted nuts and toss well. Adjust the seasoning. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the cheese over the top and toss briefly. Serve immediately.