Westnut Hazelnut Recipes - www.westnut.com
Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb Turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 1/3 cup Hoisen sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon Rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 cups (8oz) Coleslaw mix, cabbage and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 heads Romaine leaves, washed, trimmed
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add turkey and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
Puree orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and 1/3 cup hazelnuts in blender or food processor for 10 seconds, until blended.
Pour sauce over turkey and add coleslaw, green onions cilantro and remaining hazelnuts. Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves and serve.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 350 (55% Calories from Fat), 23g Protein, 18g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 22g Fat, 3g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 55mg Cholesterol, 880mg Sodium